Bragging rights and sweet prizes are on the line in the Team Competition at the 2020 Prospera Granfondo Axel Merckx Okanagan. The rules are simple: the 5th rider across the finish line counts as the “team time”. So, the team that works together, wins together.
Granfondo riders can form teams with a maximum of 9 and minimum of 5 riders in one of the following categories*:
- Mixed (the top 5 finishers of each team must include at least 2 members from each gender)
Top teams in each category receive great prizes from our sponsors, including Tree Brewing.
*The Team Competition only applies to the Granfondo (160 km) distance.
Below you’ll find instructions to build a new team or join an existing one. If your team composition details are not yet in place, not to worry – we encourage you to register now as an individual and “team” details can be sorted out at a later time through our registration partner, CCN.
How to create a new team:
- Choose the “Register a Team” option on the registration page: https://www.granfondoaxelmerckx.com/online-registration
- Enter your team name and indicate is you wish to require a password to join the team.
- Choose the “Open Teams Competition” Team Category (there is only one choice for this event).
- Click “Next” to proceed with your personal registration.
Once your registration is complete you will be the “Team Captain”. You can invite others to join via e-mail by managing your team here: https://ccnbikes.com/team/management, or you can direct your teammates to the registration page where they can “Join a Team”.
How to join an existing team:
- Choose the “Join a Team” option on the registration page: https://www.granfondoaxelmerckx.com/online-registration.
- Login: For new and returning users, click on “login” on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Find your team: Search for your team by typing in the Team Name. You can also search by the Team Manager/Captain’s name by selecting that option from the drop-down menu. Once you’ve found your team, click the “Join Team” button. NOTE: If the team is set PUBLIC, it will be searchable. If the team is set PRIVATE then the registrant will need to be invited by the team captain. The team captain has control over the private/public setting in his/her “Team Management” page (https://ccnbikes.com/team/management) if he/she mistakenly set the team private and wants to change it.
- Register a participant.