Package Pick Up (PPU) & Event Waiver
Riders must bring photo ID and sign their own event waiver in person at PPU during regular PPU hours. PPU will not be available on the day of the event.
There are no refunds for the 2017 Prospera Granfondo Axel Merckx Okanagan (PGAMO) events. Unfortunately, there are no exceptions. However, we recognize that injuries and unforeseen events can happen. As a result, we have two policies in place to help registered participants should they be unable to ride in the 2017 PGAMO.
In the event of an injury or unforeseen circumstance, the Roll-Over Policy allows riders to defer their registration (minus a nominal fee) to the next year. The roll-over system for participants registered in the 2017 PGAMO will be in effect from now through June 15, 2017 (2 p.m. PDT).
For those who applied to roll-over your registration by the deadline, you will be sent a roll-over confirmation e-mail following the 2017 event, along with instructions on registration procedures for the 2018 event.
In addition to transferring to a different category, a registered rider can also transfer an event entry to another individual using the user account created when you first registered. Please note there is a transfer fee of $30 + tax (processing fee included). A registered rider can transfer an event entry to another rider by June 29, 2017 (2 p.m. PDT).
Category Change Policy
As a registered participant, you can also change the category in which you’re currently registered. Please note that no refunds are provided for individuals switching categories to a lower priced category (e.g., Granfondo to Cortofondo), however, there will be a charge of the price difference between two categories when switching to a higher priced category (e.g., Cortofondo to Mediofondo).
2017 PGAMO Youth (14 to18 years) Rider Policy:
A rider aged between 14 and 18 years of age is considered a youth rider. Rider age is the age of the rider on the day of the event (July 9, 2017). Riders under 14 are not eligible to enter.
All youth riders must have:
• the consent of a parent or guardian;
• some experience of group riding;
• a solid understanding of road riding safety and etiquette;
• their waiver signed by parent/guardian at Package Pick-Up; and,
• present proof of age and photo ID at Package Pick-Up.
Under 16 (U16) Riders: Only ‘coached’ riders under 16 years are allowed to ride. ‘Coached’ riders are defined as:
• U 16 riders who are an active member of a Cycling BC affiliated club with a youth program or;
• Riders who present a letter from a certified NCCP cycling coach. The letter must provide the coaches certification, coaches experience with the rider and confirm that the rider has been instructed in road riding safety and had demonstrated that they are capable of safely riding in a mass participation ride.
Riders under 16 are only eligible to participate in the Cortofondo (55 km) or Mediofondo (92 km) at the discretion of the organize.