2018 Group Purchase Program
For groups of 10 or more | Save 10% off your group’s registration!
New for 2018, groups can now save 10% off entry fees for the 8th Prospera Granfondo Axel Merckx Okanagan (July 8th, 2018 | Penticton, B.C.). This year, we’ve created a Group Purchase Program that enables members of a group (10 or more) to save 10% off a regular entry into any of our upper distance categories, including the Mediofondo (92 km), Velocefondo (126 km) and Granfondo (160 km).
Who is eligible? Any group with 10 or more individuals. That could be your local cycling club, a group of co-workers, a large family who want to ride together, etc.!
How does it work? It’s easy! First, find 10 friends (or more) and nominate one Group Coordinator. That individual logs on to our registration site (www.granfondoaxelmerckx.com/online-registration) and selects the “Group Purchase” option on the main page. The Group Coordinator purchases 10 or more entry codes at a savings of 10% off the total order, and distributes those entry codes to group members. Each group member will then log on and register (individually) for the 2018 Prospera Granfondo Axel Merckx Okanagan. The Group Purchase option is available for either the Granfondo (160 km), Velocefondo (126 km) or Mediofondo (92 km) distances.
What are the steps?
- First, a Group Leader/Coordinator purchases 10 or more “entry codes” on behalf of the group. These entry codes are effectively “gift certificates” to be used on either the Granfondo (160 km), Velocefondo (126 km) or Mediofondo (92 km). The discount of 10% is applied at the point of sale.
- The Group Coordinator then distributes these unique codes to group members – and, presumably, recoups the cost of each discounted entry from each group member!
- Each group member logs-in to our registration site: www.granfondoaxelmerckx.com/online-registration. If you are a new or returning user to the site, click on “Login” on the top right and you’ll be prompted to log in, or create a new account.
- You will then select “Individual Registration” and follow the registration instructions. Prior to purchase, enter your personalized “entry code” in the “Promotion / Coupon Code” field. The total charge should reset to $0 – since the entry fee was previously paid for by your Group Coordinator, as part of the Group Purchase Program.
- Any questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- All entries are paid for in advance, by the Group Coordinator. Unique “entry codes” are issued to the Group Coordinator to distribute at his/her discretion.
- Each group member/rider must register individually, using his/her personalized “entry code,” issued by the Group Coordinator.
- Registered participants are not eligible to participate in the Group Purchase Program retroactively (i.e. the Group Purchase must occur in advance of registration, which means that previously registered individuals cannot seek out a discount as part of this program).