Some cyclists will ride casually. Others will race. The beauty of the Granfondo category is that everyone will finish in Penticton with a smile on his/her face. This category is for recreational to advanced riders.
The Granfondo category includes a 160km scenic route along parts of Lake Okanagan and Skaha Lake; more than 1,000m of elevation gain, and alongside some of B.C.’s most beautiful vineyards. Riders will travel through Penticton, Naramata, Summerland, Okanagan Falls, Oliver and Kaleden, passing 34 of the Okanagan’s finest wineries.
For the Granfondo course map, click here.
Each Granfondo participant will receive the following:
- A fully supported and traffic-controlled ride on some of the most scenic roads in Western Canada
- Timing chips for all participants. You’ll be able to accurately track your ride time following the ride
- Full mechanical support throughout the duration of the ride. We’ll get you back to the finish-line safe and sound
- Several aid and medical stations along the route complete with food and beverages. Our aid stations will provide you with the energy to get going again! And our roving medics are there to assist should the need arise
- Secure bike parking during post-event celebrations
- Pre- and post-event activities and entertainment for you and your family, including the Granfondo Cycling Expo, official Granfondo Wine Tasting, and more…
- Prizes awarded to the ‘top male team’, ‘female team’ and ‘mixed team’.
- Final results will be posted by 10-year age categories.