FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) *Will be updated for 2018 soon!
This FAQ should answer many of your questions relating to the Prospera Granfondo Axel Merckx Okanagan (PGAMO). If you have questions or need more clarification, please e-mail us at: email@example.com, and we will do our best to reply to you as soon as possible.
At Package Pick-Up, you’ll also receive a Riders Essentials document that outlines many key features of Granfondo Weekend (from how to mount your bike plate number to Aid Station Info, and everything in between).
- Granfondo (160 km): $250
- Velocefondo (126 km): $250
- Mediofondo (92 km): $250
- Cortofondo (55 km): $200
Note: Registration is NOT available on the day of the ride (Sunday, July 9th).
You can also change your distance from a shorter distance to a longer distance at the cost of the difference in registration price between the two distances. This can be done right up until event weekend by contacting us at the Information Solutions Desk on July 7th and 8th.
In addition to transferring to a different category, a registered rider can also transfer an event entry to another individual using the user account created when you first registered. Please note there is a transfer fee of $30 + tax (processing fee included). A registered rider can transfer an event entry to another individual up until 2 p.m. PDT, June 29th, 2017 (2 p.m. PDT).
Please review our refund and transfer policy webpage for more information: http://www.granfondoaxelmerckx.com/register/refund-transfer-policy/.
- A fully supported and traffic-controlled ride on some of the most scenic roads in Western Canada.
- Official 2017 PGAMO “Ride Hard. Smile Often.” technical t-shirt.
- (NEW) Complimentary digital super pack of personal event photos, courtesy of Kal Tire.
- Full mechanical support throughout the duration of the ride provided by The Bike Barn and Velofix Mobile Bike ProShop.
- Aid and medical stations along the route, complete with food (Honey Stinger products, SunRype, fruit) and beverages (Ultima Replenisher and water).
- Secure bike parking during post-event celebrations.
- Complimentary barbeque for 2017 PGAMO riders.
- Official 2017 PGAMO swag, including a custom specialty item, water bottle, and more…
- Pre- and post-event activities and entertainment for you and your family.
- A complimentary beverage at the Tree Brewing Peloton Patio upon completing your ride.
- Final results will be posted by 10-year age categories.
To be eligible to sign up for this event you must first be registered for the 2017 PGAMO. Registration for Granfondo Women’s Night is available here: (link coming soon!)
- Summerland’s Memorial Park
- Main Street, Penticton
- Okanagan Falls’ Centenial Park
- Fairview Mountain Golf Club (933 Old Golf Course Rd, Oliver)
- Willowbrook, at Green Lake Road
- The Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory (717 White Lake Rd, Cawston)