The 2013 VFGFAMO features a distance for every age and skill level
Some cyclists will ride casually. Others will race. The beauty of the 2013 Valley First Granfondo Axel Merckx Okanagan (VFGFAMO) is that everyone will finish in Penticton with a smile on his/her face. All ride categories start at 7 a.m. from Penticton’s Gyro Park (also the site of the Finish Area).
Riders in all three categories will receive the following:
- A fully supported and traffic-controlled ride on some of the most scenic roads in Western Canada.
- Timing chips for all participants. You’ll be able to accurately track your ride time following the ride.
- An official 2013 VFGFAMO “Ride Hard. Smile Often” Finisher Shirt. This technical t-shirt will help commemorate an epic weekend.
- A custom 2013 VFGFAMO Trek seat bag.
- Full mechanical support throughout the duration of the ride. We’ll get you back to the finish line safe and sound.
- Several aid and medical stations(Granfondo = 6; Mediofondo = 3; Cortofondo = 2) along the route complete with food and beverages. Our aid stations will provide you with the energy to get going again. And our roving medics are there to assist should the need arise.
- Secure bike parking during post-event celebrations.
- A free Tree Brewing craft beer and food at the Tree Brewing Garden [located at the Finish Line in Gyro Park (note: beer is only available for ages 19 and up)].
- Pre- and post-event activities and entertainment for you and your family.
- Final results will be posted by 10-year age categories.
In the Granfondo category, prizes will be awarded to the ‘top male team’, ‘female team’ and ‘mixed team’.